Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 17, 2015

Henry's Funeral

Kurt and I both spoke at Henry's funeral.  It was difficult.  But we did it!  We felt incredibly loved and uplifted by people near and far.  Thank you to everyone who came to his funeral.  I know Tuesday mornings aren't the easiest time, but we were so grateful for those who took off work and especially the family and friends that flew in.  After the funeral we had a luncheon and then went up to Iona for the burial.  Then dinner at my Grandpa's house.  It was an odd mix of feelings I had that day.  Sadness, dread, anxiety, uneasiness, but there was also some happiness surprisingly.  I was surrounded by those I love most.  My family, my sisters, my friends.  They're not usually all in the same place.  And I'm usually far away from most of them.  I'm thankful for those who hugged me, cried with me, and even made me smile.

You can listen to Henry's funeral here.  (It doesn't seem to work on phones)

My amazingly talented cousin, Wendy, took pictures.  Thank you Wendy!























Even though we live in three different states and did not talk before hand- my sisters and I still accidentally coordinate outfits.  Black, white, blue, and stripes.  Mom too!





1 comment:

  1. So glad I was there for the funeral. You and Kurt gave the most wonderful talks about your wonderful Henry. He is very loved.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers