Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

October 2, 2015

Rosario Beach: Adventures in Potty Training

We spent a beautiful day at Rosario Beach.  We would hike, wade in the water, and have picnics here growing up.  The girls had fun playing on the beach, splashing in the ocean, and climbing on the rocks.  I liked looking in the tide pools to find crabs, anemones, barnacles, fish, and more, but Hattie quickly lost interest.  Maybe she'll enjoy it more in a few years!

This was also the location of a wonderful adventure in potty training.  When we left for Washington Hattie was 2 weeks in to potty training.  She didn't have an accident the entire way there and I was super proud.  But this day made up for that.  If you don't like stories about poo, don't read on.

Hattie told me she had to go potty.  I asked if she had to pee or poo.  She said pee.  I told her she could go pee in the ocean like the fishes.  She complained and said no!  No, I don't want to!  It was a long way to the restrooms and I didn't want to hike up there.  Eventually she did go in the ocean.  But I smelled something.  Shoooooooot!  She didn't have to pee.  So, we got her swimsuit bottoms off and they were filled.  So disgusting.  But we were at the beach, no trash cans near by and I didn't want to toss her swim suit anyways.  So I grabbed the wipes and a garbage bag and headed towards the trees (see below).  I went far back on the logs and found a place to sit down and clean out the suit.  I know I have cleaned up her poo a million times, but it's 10x worse once they're out of diapers.  Even if they've only been out of them for two weeks.  It was gross.  When I was done I started heading back towards our spot on the beach, jumping from log to log, when suddenly I missed!  I was free falling for a moment until I landed hard on my arm and chest on the log in front of me.  And somehow the garbage bag of used wipes got all over my arm.  Good heavens.  SO GROSS!  Thank goodness for hand sanitizer.  Or in this case, hand and arm sanitizer.  Thankfully, I've been through much worse and I was able to keep things in perspective (thankful that I can keep things in perspective, not that I've been through worse. Just to clarify). We enjoyed the rest of our time at the beach!







Looking in tide pools


Hi!  The water was freezing.



Playing with Moppy



Stoplight pebbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers