Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 11, 2010

Recently

This past Monday up in Anacortes I was in the middle of preparing 3 or 4 different meals for the twins, and I..er..had to use the restroom. But I couldn't really abandon the stove. Anyways, Lili walks over to me and asks, "Chew, are you doing the bathroom dance?" I'm laughing now as I type, but in the moment I simply turned to her and said "yes" without cracking a smile. Lili promptly informed me "you shouldn't hold your urine. It's not good for you". Thanks for looking out for me Lil!

Tonight Kurt and I went to O'Dea High School's football game. Why? A friend from Kurt's youth is now assistant coaching (and teaching) there. The team had no cheerleaders which confused me for a moment until I recalled that O'Dea is a boys only Catholic school. Then it made sense. I mentioned this to Kurt who informed me O'Dea had students from the girls' Catholic school, Holy Names (really? that's a school name?), cheer for a while but stopped because they were harassed too much...that kind of made sense too. The entire game was filled with me asking random questions about football, how all boy/girl schools worked, and commenting on how weird it would be to attend high school downtown in a big city. I guess it worked though because O'Dea won 28 to 13. My incessant questions definitely won the game :)

1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers