Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

August 8, 2011

Another Monday!

I've got 2 Lili stories today:

"Chew!  I got new shoes!  Now I can keep up with you!"
I proceed to speed walk away from her and ask "Can you still keep up?" as she falls behind.  I reach the door and stop to pull out my keys.  As I unlock the door Lili catches up, "Yeah!  See I kept up with you!"  Good work Lil!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lili: Have you seen Rio?
Me: Nope.
Lili: Well, I call the main birds Lili and Joe (her boyfriend).
Me: Oh yeah?  Do you have your own names for other characters?
Lili: Umm....Mom and Clarence are the people because they have glasses.
Me: Do I have a character?
Lili: You're the dog.
Me: Thanks. What about Kurt? Megan? Ashley? Joe? Adam? Ani?
Lili: Megan's the bird with the big nose.  Kurt is the big red bird.  So, you (me...Charity) are actually the little yellow bird.  Because you're with Kurt a lot and the yellow bird is with the big red bird a lot.  And Kurt is bigger than you.
Me: Awesome...anyone else?
Lili: Ani's the bird on the treadmill because she goes to the gym.  Ashley's the lady in the parade (she's in a bright, flashy costume) because she likes to dress up nice all the time.   
Me: What about Adam and Joe?
Lili: Hmmm....Adam's the sick bird.  And Joe....he's that guy (we were watching the movie at this point).
Me: The guy who's hurt?
Lili: Yep.
Me: Wow....so who are the bad guys?
Lili: (thinks for a bit) Our cousin Scott is one...and what's Carolyn's husband's name?
Me: Scott.
Lili: Yeah!  Scott and Scott are the bad guys...but they're not really bad.  They just steal birds.  They're not actually bad people. 

What do you learn from this?  Kurt is definitely the favorite brother-in-law :)  Also, I don't understand why Megan is the bird with the big nose.  She has the smallest nose out of us all!

Lili also complimented my hair today.  I love it when the twins compliment me!  Because they only say what they mean, so you know it's sincere!

My goodness.  Monday's never disappoint!

3 comments:

  1. I'm the one with the big nose. Sigh. Is this the Rio she is talking about? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436562/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one! And the "big nosed bird" is a toucan.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers