Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

January 16, 2012

Snowy Roads

People from not-Northwest-Washington like to make fun of us for cancelling school and not going to work when we get a few inches of snow.  Let's review some things:
  • there are hills here. They're slippery when iced.
  • people don't have snow tires or chains
  • there aren't snow plows (at least not very many) to clear the roads
  • we don't know how to drive in the snow
Would you want to drive in those conditions?  And a small reminder- there are places where people freak out about driving in rain.  Rain.  It's pretty much the same as driving in the sun.  Let's make fun of those people.

1 comment:

  1. Rain slows everyone down in California! It drives me crazy (since I am fine driving at usual speeds in the rain, growing up in the Pacific Northwest and all). I guess rain is our snow here.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers