Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

January 30, 2012

Updates

I gave a talk yesterday!  I actually think it went pretty well!  I was the final speaker which I was a bit nervous about, but luckily the other speakers did their job and only left me 10 minutes.  I was a bit terrified that I'd have to fill 20+ minutes.  Oh the perils of being an adult in a family ward :) 

We left church early and headed to the Winstead's ward.  Ethan, our nephew, turned 12 (how did that happen?) last week and received the priesthood yesterday!  Kurt was in 'the circle' the ordain him.  I'm so happy for and proud of him!  I've only known him a few years, but I can't get over how much he's grown and changed in that amount of time.  I'm glad he's my nephew!

Lots of laughs and 2 scars later, I'm done making meals for the twins!  Today was my last day!  It's bittersweet stopping though- it will be nice to no longer drive 3 hours round trip every Monday, but I'll miss my sisters.  I love them dearly and I think they've actually come to enjoy having me there every week.  Not everyone knows how to interact with the twins or how to be around them, but I'm so glad I'm one who does.  They're sweet, funny, caring girls who just want to be accepted and it breaks my heart that often times they're not.  I love you Ani and Lili!  Thanks for the laughs and the hugs. Thanks for trusting me with your heartaches. Thanks for teaching me patience, kindness, and gratitude.  Thanks for being you! 

I'm still Mom's substitute though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers