Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

January 14, 2016

Hattie is 3!

I made an Elsa cake for Hattie's birthday:


Hattie woke up and came to get me.  I told her I had a surprise and brought her to the table. She gasped and said "wow!"
Me: What do you think?
Hattie: I think it's perfect!  Why is Elsa on the cake?
Me: It's an Elsa cake!
Hattie: Oh! It's an Elsa cake! Where's Anna?
Me: She's with Kristoff and Olaf and Sven.


While I took a shower Hattie found Anna.  And added her to the cake!


The self proclaimed Birthday Queen!


We got chicken fries for lunch and then met friends at the Kangaroo Zoo.  And I forgot to take pictures.  That afternoon we did our annual photo shoot in the backyard with Hattie's rocking chair.









After I did her hair Hattie remarked, "Oh! I'm just like a giraffe! I have giraffe ears!"

And then I told her to attack Dad!  She did...and then Dad chased her!  Love these two!

In the evening we had cake and ice cream:


We also hung out with Tiffany and Cohen, talked to lots of different family members on the phone, and Hattie watched her favorite shows.  It was a good day for our amazing little lady!  I cannot believe it was 3 years ago that she was born.  3 years ago that I was in labor forever and became a mom for the first time!  What an amazing journey it has been.  Being a mom is the greatest thing I've ever done.  And I have the greatest kids ever!  Happy birthday Hattie!  You are a special girl who we are privileged to call our daughter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers