Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 7, 2009

The Surrealist Guide to Paris

Our final project for my Paris class is to create two entries for "The Surrealist Guide to Paris".

For my first entry I chose (surprise!) The Eiffel Tower, but more specifically the Eiffel Tower at night when it's all lit up and sparkling. Pretty sweet! I wrote an entry about it (I don't tell you the history, but just my experience there...which should make you want to go) and instead of attaching a picture I made a collage. The collage is based off of a photo I took of the tower from underneath. It's made of pieces of paper I've collected while in Paris including receipts, pieces of brochures, and a metro pass. It is on yellow paper because it glows at night and on the hour it "sparkles" so the small, round, yellow circles represent that.







My second entry is about the small park behind Notre Dame. I wrote about my hour spent there, a most glorious hour indeed. I also did a collage for this entry, but it's quite different. I wrote about park benches, trees with shade, being fenced off from the city, and pidgeons. So, I found pictures of those things (the background and tree are actually cut out of one of the books for this class) and put them all together. The most tedious part was cutting out space between the individual bars of the fence so my guy on the bench could fit behing them and still be seen. Also, I couldn't find a picture of a bird in my limited selection so I just "wrote" it out.




I hope that this will be suffiecient. We weren't given a lot of instruction, so I just did whatever. We'll see! I present on Thursday.

P.S. Sorry if there have been a lot of spelling/grammar errors in the blogposts of late. I can get blogspot in English, but spellcheck is for the French language...not very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers