Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

June 30, 2010

The Happenings

I realize half of my blog readers have heard this story already, but it just screams "blog post!"

My flight left at 735. The plan was for me to drive downtown and get Kurt from work and then he'd drive me the rest of the way to the airport. It took me 35 minutes via I-5 to get downtown. It was 530 when Kurt and I left the Honda of Seattle parking lot. We decided to take 99 since I-5 was going so slow. Traffic was horrible downtown. 1 hour later we still hadn't reached the highway. I was starting to panic. I called my mom and (of course) I started crying- "I'm not going to make it!". She automatically went into mom mode assuring me it would be ok, that I could still make it, and even if I missed the flight that there will always be another one. At 705 we finally reached 99 and SPED our way to the airport. I jump out of the car at 720 and ran to Southwest's front desk- "my flight leaves in 15 minutes, can I make it?". The lady's response "Were you the daughter crying on the phone?" "yes"- my mom had been talking to some people. The lady printed my ticket without even checking my ID and told me "once you get through security turn left, then you'll take a right. You're headed to B12- there will be signs too. Now RUN!". And that's what I did. I ran to security, asked two people if I could cut in front of them, and then literally sprinted to my gate. When I got there group B was boarding. I went to the front of the line and got on the plane since I was in group A. So to recap- It took almost 2 hours from downtown Seattle to make it to Seatac. I arrived at the airport 15 minutes before my plane left and made the flight. Crazy!!! So aside from that drama it was a great trip! My grandparents, sister, bro-in-law, uncle, and adorable niece were all able to see me thanks to my sprinting ability...and the fact that there were no lines whatsoever at the airport may have helped out a bit.

Here are some pictures of Charlotte at breakfast. She's very expressive!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers