Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

July 6, 2010

Eclipse


Here's the truth: I strongly dislike the Twilight series. The books got progressively worse with each installment (hence this post) and the first two movies were downright painful to sit through. My biggest beef with this darn series is that people have dared to compare Twilight to Harry Potter. Seriously? HP leaves Twilight in the dust in any competition. Unless that competition is 'which one has more vampires and werewolves' (but there are vampires and werewolves in Harry Potter)?

Sorry for the rant, but with that said. I was pleasantly surprised by the third Twilight movie Eclipse. It wasn't extremely boring, painfully awkward, or outright ridiculous (mostly). Why? Well, there was an actual plot line and the entire movie was not focused solely on the Edward-Bella-Jacob love triangle. Of course it's a big part of the film, but more time is spent on other characters than in the first two films.

Whew! I promise not to write about Twilight or Harry Potter for a while. I'm sure some of you find this topic horribly uninteresting, so thanks for sticking with me!

But if you are interested- I vote for Edward.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having some taste with regard to books! I totally agree with you about Twilight, especially when compared with Harry Potter. One is well written and deserves all of the attention. I am still trying to figure out how Twilight has become so popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for agreeing :) You must have good taste too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers