Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

November 10, 2010

No more laundry

I had the laundry all divided. I put the whites in the basket, measured out the soap (and discovered we only had enough left for 2 loads), grabbed my keys and quarters, and headed down to the laundry room. I loaded up the first machine, put in quarters, then soap, and turned it on. I loaded the second washer (there are 2 total), put in quarters, and went to put in soap...but there was already soap in the dispenser. Weird. I didn't want to overload it and I felt weird using someone elses soap, but the clothes and quarters were already in. I pressed start and nothing happened. I pressed it again. Nothing. I pressed the "return coins" button. Nothing. Great! I took out the laundry and headed back up to the apartment. 35 minutes later I transfered clothes to the dryer and put in my second load. I was putting in the 5th and final quarter when I realized the machine hadn't registered my 4th quarter. It was stuck. And now the 5th quarter was stuck too. I shook the machine. Tilted it backwards. Even shoved my key into the slot to see if I could dislodge them. Nothing. I finally called the manager who informed me the washing maching guy is coming on Friday and that she'll return my $2.50 in quarters to me when he comes. At least I got one load done...right?

1 comment:

  1. that stinks! i hate it when our washing machines eats our precious quarters!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers