Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

October 4, 2013

Moving!

We packed up on Wednesday August 28th.  It was a HARD day.  Not only was it physically exhausting, but we had to say goodbye to our family and friends.  During the day wasn't too bad (except for being overwhelmed with all our stuff!!!  We had to leave a few things behind), but the end of the day was rough.  Hattie was amazing the entire day.  She was happy the whole time, I don't think she cried at all.  See, she had flappy arms!  Even in her empty bedroom:


The first goodbye was my mom.  She practically ran out the door because she didn't want to cry!  It was hard watching her go, but I knew we'd be seeing her in a few weeks.  After that we went to check in to our hotel.  Kurt dropped Hattie and me off (so I could nurse) and then went back to the empty apartment to wait for the people who were taking our couch (I gave away some of our stuff through Facebook).  This is when things started going downhill!  Because of bad traffic, the people were late coming to get the couch.  This wouldn't have been so bad except we planned a goodbye dinner with some friends and Kurt's family. 

Running late was the least of my problems!  Hattie had a HUGE blow out.  Poo all the way up her back.  Taking off a onesie in such conditions is difficult.  She ended up with poo on hands and legs.  Then when my back was turned, taking care of the poopy clothes and diaper, she got poo on her face and all over my pant leg.  Gross!  Unfortunately I left our bags in the car, so I had nothing to change in to.  I also didn't have bathing supplies for Hattie.  I couldn't figure out the drain in the tub so Hattie got rinsed off under the faucet and cleaned with hotel soap.  At least she had fun!  Hattie loves bath time. 

When Kurt arrived I quickly found clothes to wear and we went to Red Robin.  It was fun seeing everyone one last time, but so hard to leave.  I think both of us shed a few tears on the car ride back to the hotel.  We second guessed ourselves about this whole move, but it was too late to turn back!

We felt better in the morning.  Kurt getting his masters is definitely a good idea.  We stopped by the apartment complex front office to turn in our keys.  On the way out Kurt asked, "so by any chance have you rented out our apartment yet?"  "Well, actually yes!  We just did yesterday!"

It was a sign!  We were definitely heading in the right direction even if it was hard to do.  So with more conviction we started our journey to Utah!

We took two days to drive, stopping in Boise.  Hattie did well overall, and we cruised along!  We arrived at our final destination in the afternoon, unloaded our stuff, and started the next big chapter of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers