Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

July 2, 2009

Wild Beasts

This evening I left KGB's (that's Kurt) house and drove home. I hopped out of my car and started walking toward my front porch. I noticed some movement and thought it was a cat. A big cat. Wait. No. IT WAS BAND OF RACCOONS! Three of them. Sitting at the bottom of my steps. And they didn't scurry away at the sight of me. They stared at me. I backed up immediately. If I took a step closer the big one would stand up. I may have freaked out a little (and KGB has the voice mail to prove it...plus a 6 min. conversation). "Rabies. I'm going to get rabies. Or my face will be scratched off". And what does Kurt say? They don't have rabies, so it's not big deal if they bite you. No big deal? NO BIG DEAL? These are wild animals!...of urban Seattle. They finally moved away a little bit and I ran for my life. The big one stopped when he (or she) saw me running, turned around, and picked up one front leg like a dog getting ready to attack. I made it up the steps and tried to open the door. It was locked. I fumbled for my keys, put them in the door, turned the key the wrong way, then finally got in. Closed the door, locked it, freaked out for a bit more, came upstairs, and wrote a blog post about it.







The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers