Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

April 17, 2011

Funny NPR

Since being married I've started listening to National Public Radio KUOW 94.9 (how grown up of me!).  I don't know if it's because Kurt listens to it or because I now drive to work and I've always preferred listening to books on tape/CD/MP3 than music so public radio seemed like a nice alternative.  Anyways, I love it when their "news" stories are accidentally funny.  For instance:

A piece was done a while back on the upcoming Academy Awards: "One movie that will not be receiving many Oscars is Salt.  Mainly because it wasn't nominated".  Well....duh!

Just last week on All Things Considered a small piece was done on a golfer.  He recently received the worst score (16...and high scores are bad in golf!) on a par 4 hole ever in pro golf history.  The piece ended with, "but to his credit, the worst expletive to escape his mouth was 'oh come on!'".  Way to look on the bright side NPR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers