Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 15, 2011

The East Idaho State Fair!


There was plenty of produce!

Including the real Mr. Potato head, a giant pumpkin, and a 37 pound cabbage!  Sheesh!



And of course, fair food!


We had Tiger Ears, which are actually elephant ears, but it makes no sense because a tiger has small ears, unlike an elephant.  And we had burgers at Wimpy's!  The creater of this Idaho fair staple is from Iona.  He doesn't spend all day at the fair anymore, but we met his daughter and several grandchildren who were running the show.  And the burgers were pretty good!  We didn't eat any square ice cream, but I've had it many times before and it's still a novelty!


So let your tail go swish!


Mmmm cake!  I was very impressed.

Maybe not so impressed with this one...


We had a great time!  Thanks for taking me G&G!


I asked grandpa if he wanted to put his face in the boy pioneer cut out- his response was "what for?"  I took that as a no :)

1 comment:

  1. You're right, they are totally elephant ears! I was told this year that they are called tiger ears in these parts because IF High School sold them at the fair and the tiger is their mascot. Could be so.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers