Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 9, 2011

Leaving Iona

It's my last night at my grandparents' house in Iona, ID.  I'm so sad to be leaving.  It's been such a wonderful trip and the first time I've ever visited my grandparents 1 on 1.  Make that 1 on 2.  We've been to the fair, went on a wiener roast, played lots of cards, celebrated Grandma's birthday, visited friends and family, and eaten great food!  There's nothing like cantaloupe, corn, strawberries, and potatoes straight from the garden!  I'm glad Kurt was able to see where I spent my summers and it was so wonderful seeing Megan, Joe, Charlotte, Sarah, and David.  I've gotten to know G&G even better on this trip.  Especially Grandma.  I think she really enjoyed being able to share her stories with someone and I was happy to listen.  We had a great time!  I've never lived in Iona, but it's always felt like home.  I think my sisters and cousins would agree!  I love my grandparents and I love this town.  It's hard to leave them!  At least I have a wonderful husband to come home to :)  I can't wait to see him!

I love you Grandma and Grandpa!  Thanks for the great vacation- I hope I can come back soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Iona is and always will be home. Glad you had a good time. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa loved having you there.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers