Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

October 1, 2011

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that Kurt found us a new apartment to rent!  Without telling me.  It was much bigger than the one we have now, but also much older.  I loved it except for all the mismatched wall paper.  There'd be 2 strips of 1 kind and then right next to it a completely different wallpaper- different color, pattern everything.  It was like a patchwork quilt where each piece horribly clashed with every other piece.  At the bottom of the walls there was a continuous border of wallpaper (all the same) to make it look like the place had baseboards.  I asked Kurt if the landlord said we could take down the wallpaper.  He hadn't thought to ask before he signed the lease.  At my insistence he called the land lady.  She said it'd be ok, but we'd have to put it back up when we left.  Really?  I was so annoyed.  I started taking it down fully intending to never put it back up again.  I started with the 'baseboard'.  Upon removing it I found an actual wood baseboard behind it.  And behind the wood baseboard I found another fake wallpaper baseboard.  Behind the patchwork of wallpapers?  More wallpaper.  It never ended.  Now that I think about it- this was actually a nightmare. 

Dream origins?  We watched the episode of The Office where Jim buys Pam a house.  And I think the wallpaper bit comes from Megan and Joe...they've got lots of wallpaper in their house!  Well, there was lots when they bought it :)  But now it's gone and they're painting!  Charlotte's been such a good helper:

2 comments:

  1. Wallpaper is a nightmare. But it is now all gone (except for the upstairs bathroom.

    Charlotte was a huge help. Marker on her face is better than paint on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. Correction. There is still wallpaper in the dining room, but that is wallpaper we put up. I'm ashamed to say it, but underneath is the old wallpaper. I hate saying I added to the wallpaper layering.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers