Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

February 28, 2016

Idaho

Sadly, my friend Jeanette's dad passed away at the end of January.  I used to be at a complete loss, not knowing what to do when someone loses a loved one, and I'd keep my distance.  

I still don't know what to do, but I do know that those who called, who visited, who came to Henry's funeral, who remember each anniversary of his passing, those who mourn with me, are so important.  I love them.  So even though I don't know what to say, and I probably smiled too much for a sad occasion (Hattie can make anyone smile!), and I brought my noisy toddler, I was there.  I'm learning what it means to mourn with those who mourn.  It's hard, but it brings people closer and hopefully lets those who are mourning know that they aren't alone.  

Jeanette's dad is from a small town in Idaho, only 15 minutes from where my Grandpa lives.  We were able to spend a couple days with Grandpa, see Jeanette, and visit Henry's grave.  Jeanette stayed with her family in Utah for the rest of the week- we got to see her again a few days after the funeral.  Despite the circumstances, it was great to see you Jeanette!  We love you!  And as Hattie said after our day together, "I'm very sad about Jeanette leaving."


Some Valentine's Day decorations for our little man:
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers