Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

September 13, 2017

July 2017: Sprint Triathalon!

I forgot to include this in the July 2017 Highlights post, as it happened at the very end of the month and was in with my August pictures.  But I think it's worthy of it's own post!

Kurt has been working hard for months to lose weight! He won the Biggest Loser competition at work and then needed something else to work towards.  So he signed up for a sprint triathlon.  He sacrificed sleep to get up early and train.  After months of hard work, the day arrived!

We stayed in a hotel in Logan as Kurt had to be there super early.  The kids and I just went for the end....I was terrified we were going to miss it!  I had to wake up Hattie and we hurried over as fast as we could.  Thankfully, we made it in time.  As Kurt ran toward us, Hattie went to join him (in her PJs and with Pink Blanket in tow) and they crossed the finish line together.  It was adorable and surprisingly emotional.  I started crying!  As did Kurt, the big softy!  I was just so proud, and even though I didn't do anything it felt like an accomplishment for me too....I guess that's how a good relationship works, right?  Their accomplishments are your accomplishments?

Way to go Kurt!  We are so proud!!!  And so happy that you're healthier so we hopefully get a few more years with you ;)








He wore elephant socks in honor of Henry! #welovehenrybiehl




He finished in the middle of the pack and beat his goal for how long it should take.  You are amazing Kurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers