Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

August 31, 2009

Wandering Presentation

On my wanderings I came across a church. I walked in and sat down. It was there I had my surrealist experience. Immediately afterwards I wrote this:

"I entirely forgot my location. Paintings, statues, and mosaic tiles cover every inch of the church I sit in. Displays of modern art spaced throughout contrast the rest of the building. Despite the splendor, I forgot my surroundings and got completely lost in places I've already been. I look up, take a moment to remember reality, and return to enjoying the church."

The picture is of the seat I sat in while this experience occured. Just as I was in the church but not seeing anyting around me because I was lost in my own head, this picture is within the church but you cannot see any of its grandeur.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers