Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 8, 2010

Anniversary

This past Saturday, March 6th, marked 1 year since Kurt and I officially began dating. To celebrate we ate at this fancy-schmancy restaurant, El Gaucho. It was awesome! Apparently when Kurt made the reservation they asked if it was for a special occasion and he said "yes, anniversary". Thus we kept on being congratulated- according the the owner (I think that's who he was- he was at least some high up guy making the rounds and asking the guests if their meals were satisfactory) "the first year is the hardest. If you've made it this far then you'll be good". Yes, all these restaurant folk believed we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. I told Kurt to hide his left hand, as I haven't, in the words of Beyonce, put a ring on it (yet). This slight embarrassment but ultimately funny situation definitely paid off when we got a free desert of our choosing.

Other highlights of the evening: everyone receives a complementary fruit, nut, cheese, and cracker platter after their meal. And we exchanged wedding gifts! I received a lovely necklace with the Eiffel Tower on it, for Paris brought us together and Kurt got a fancy Swiss watch- he served near the watch factory it was made in on his mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers