Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 10, 2011

Little Kurt

If you didn't know...Kurt spent the first 11 years of his life in Portland! He doesn't often publicize this (as he's very loyal to Seattle) but it's still true. We drove through his old neighborhood- we didn't get out though so all the pictures are from the car :)

Here's his old house

And his elementary school

We also went by a couple parks Kurt played at, including where he learned to play baseball! He said everything looked smaller. Kurt used to walk to school (it's only a few blocks away from the house) and as we drove around D.A. Grout Elementary Kurt said, "Whoa...is this The Hill? I hated walking up this. It's not even a hill! It's a slight incline!". I guess our perspective changes as we grow up!

We stopped by the Portland Temple too:


Great angle, I know ;)

It was a great trip! My only complaint is that it was too short- about 24 hours. Finally- here's a huge thank you to Uncle Norb and Aunt Diane for their hospitality! Not only did they let us stay at their house, but they cooked us 2 meals and provided us with loufas. It was almost like being in a fancy hotel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers