Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 8, 2011

Powell's Books

Sorry I didn't get a better shot from the outside :)

This bookstore in the Pearl Distric of downtown Portland claims to be "the largest independent new and used bookstore in the world" (thank you Wikipedia). When you first enter, it seems unassuming. But then you walk through a doorway and there's another room just as big as the last full of books. And another connected to that. And another and another! It never ends! It's amazing :) Kurt and I spent most of our time in the children's book section (because it's fun!).

I loved the old books!


Really?


Just for Kurt, there was Twilight (and Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia) in French!


Our purchases:

This was one of my favorite books growing up.

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday his books were buy 2 get one free! So we decided to stock up. However, does anyone know what makes this edition of "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" the party edition?


Is it the sparkly gold cover?

1 comment:

  1. Adam would love this store! I've never heard of a "party edition" and old books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers