Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 26, 2011

Once Upon a Time

In another life I used to make jewelry. Nothing fancy, but I enjoyed it- earrings were my favorite to make. So, for my mom's wedding in two weeks I thought I'd make some orange earrings for myself to wear (the color is orange). I no longer have my beading supplies (it's probably somewhere at my mom's place) so I was working with limited materials. I bought the bare minimum supplies required at a cute little bead store I found near by called the Garden of Beadin': orange beads, earring hooks, and headpins. I used the pliers/wire cutter in our tool box which was less than ideal, but as Tim Gunn would say, I made it work. I made 5 pairs :) Maybe I'll let my sisters wear them at the wedding if they feel so inclined!

Here they are:


And here's part of the mess- I took apart a few necklaces and bracelets that I made years ago and never wear anymore :) I needed more beads!


1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers