Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

July 6, 2011

Independence Day

Kurt, my wonderful husband, came with me to Anacortes on Monday (as he had the day off) to help with all my twin duties.  On the way I called Lili to double check she didn't have work that morning- she didn't.  Anyways, while talking to the Lilster she informed me she was going to be in the Anacortes 4th of July parade!  And that we needed to watch it and wave at her.  This was pretty easy as the parade goes right in front of Lili's apartment.  Kurt and I watched from the two windows...and watched...and watched...and watched.  After 1 hour we still hadn't seen Lili and the parade was still coming.  I told Kurt to keep watching and tell me when Lili came by- I needed to do something productive.  About 10 minutes later Kurt spotted her, "I see her!" I stood up. "And she's in a tank!!!"  "What?"  I ran to the window.  Sure enough, there was Lili riding down the street in a military tank smiling from ear to ear.  She was so excited!  She saw us too and waved back emphatically.  I had just enough time to snap a picture. 

2 comments:

  1. Lili looks so happy to be in that parade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her grin. I also just have to add that I love when you write about the twins. You have quite the knack for story telling. I know they give you some pretty great material to work with of course. But you capture the moments so well. I used to babysit all of you and remember when they first came home with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers