Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

July 17, 2011

"The stories we love best do live in us forever"

I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when I was 11 years old.  That's right, Harry and I started our journey together at the same age (I aged a little faster though)!  To say the least- I loved it!  I was hooked from there on out.  Before the next book was released, I'd re-read the entire series and then stay up all night reading the newest addition.  I had clear images of what every character looked like, the layout of the school, Hogsmeade, everything.  It was vividly painted in my brain...until the movies came out.  I can't remember all of what I imagined now that the movies have interfered with the memories.

I'll miss Harry Potter.  It's all old hat now.  The series has been a part of my life longer than it hasn't.  I know I'll read the books a million more times and watch the movies, but I will greatly miss the anticipation of getting a new book or watching a new movie (there was less movie anticipation).  Authors will try, but no other series will compare to this one.  How do I know?  I won't be 11 years old when I start reading any of them- they can never be as magical!

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."  JK Rowling

2 comments:

  1. This makes me even sadder (is that a word?) that Harry Potter is over. I should have read the books way back when...I guess I'll have to start now. Loved the quotes. I'm so glad you love Harry Potter - you're an expert of you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading the series with Charlotte. I have a feeling she'll love them, being born on July 31 and all.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers