Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

July 24, 2011

Reviews II

Books:
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: Loved!  The entire book is comprised of letters between different people.  It took a bit for me to get in to it but well worth it!
  • Little Women: Loved!  The entire series is free for the Kindle!  I'll be starting the next one soon.
  • Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Awesome!  Dawn Treader is much better than the movie version...all the philosophical/religious stuff actually fits in and doesn't stand out like it was put in as an afterthought.
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Not finished yet, but I think it's hilarious.  It actually uses pieces of the original book.  Here's the first line: "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains".  Sound familiar?
  • The Hangman's Daughter: Had no idea what this was, but was pleasantly surprised!  It ended up being about medieval witch trials in Europe...which I took a class on in college so I rather enjoyed it.  Warning: it's a bit violent in parts.
Movies:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides:  Better than the last 2 in the series!
  • Thor: Had no idea what to expect, but again I was pleasantly surprised.
  • HPVII-II: Good.  Sad to see it end.  I guess I'll grow up now...
  • Killers: Ok.  Your average romantic comedy.
  • Secretariat: Ok.  Sweet, hopeful, underdog rising to the top story...but kind of boring in parts.
  • The Switch: Loved!  Sweet and funny.
  • Top Gun: Sooooo 80s. 
TV:
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: I watched the entire series!  This might not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it!  I picked up fun phrases like "5 by 5" and "What the banana!".
  • So You Think You Can Dance: I watched 2 seasons of this years ago- before I went to college.  I'm rather enjoying it though!  It's nice watching on Hulu and skipping over all the unnecessary talking bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers