Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

April 22, 2012

Warning: this is a rant!

I hate loud music.  Especially when I'm trying to sleep.  I don't even like quiet music when I'm trying to sleep. 
Over the past few months our apartment complex has renovated the pool, gym, and front desk areas.  They all re-opened recently.  Since then I've occasionally heard this really annoying high pitched, techno-ish music playing late at night when I'm trying to fall asleep.  I tried to ignore it at first, assuming that someone new moved in and maybe a next door neighbor (it sounded like it might be coming from another building in our complex) might complain and it would stop.  Some nights I heard it, some I didn't.  But then one night it was WAY louder than usual.  So, Kurt and I went outside to investigate.  It was coming from the pool area....did someone have a pool party and set up speakers and forget to take them down?  That's all I could think of.  But, no.  Part of the renovations added a sound system to the pool area.  The music was blaring from speakers that looked like rocks.  The only way to turn it off?  At the front desk.  Believe it or not no one works there at 12:30am.  I called the front desk and left a message while Kurt called the maintenance line who informed him they couldn't do anything.

They were very apologetic about this incident, but it's happened several times since then!  I've decided to call and leave an angry (well, more like upset and holding back tears because that's what happens when I'm angry and tired in the wee hours of the morning) message every time it happens.  It's driving me bananas.  The music was left on last night (Saturday) which means it will continue playing until someone turns it off...the office is closed until Tuesday!  So, here's to my second night in a row (of 3) with the annoying pool music playing.  Awesome.

I honestly don't know why they need to turn the music on every day...we live in a cold and rainy place, it's not like people sit out there.  And if they do wouldn't they rather listen to their iPods than the annoying techno?  Just saying.  Goodnight!  I hope yours is quieter than mine. 

P.S. We pulled out the box fan and it's noisy enough to drown out most of the music.  Thank goodness! The whole thing still drives me crazy though!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I am SO sorry! I know how unbelievably frustrating that can be. I'm glad that the fan helps though. That does seem goofy that they have permanent music playing all of the time...outside...by the pool? Techno? Yikes! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers