Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

Hattie spent her first Thanksgiving up in Iona at her great-grandma and great-grandpa's!  It was a small group consisting of us, G&G, and Uncle Todd. 

We had a delicious dinner!  Hattie ate turkey, sweet potatoes, Jell-O, green beans, bread, and hated mashed potatoes!  They were in her mouth for all of 1 second before she spit them out.  What a weirdo!  Potatoes are delicious!

Here she is!




And here's everyone (except me):
 
 
 
After dinner we had pies- made by me!  They don't look too pretty but they tasted good!  Grandma loved the lemon (especially the crust- thanks for the recipe Ma!) and Grandpa loved the pumpkin- said it was one of the best he'd ever had.  Good thing I used Grandma's recipe :)
 



We stayed for the whole weekend.  Kurt, Hattie, and I did some Black Friday shopping which wasn't too bad in Idaho Falls.  Apparently it was busy, but was like a regular shopping day back in Washington.  Todd went home on Saturday and afterwards the rest of us went to the mall for a walk.  Then to The Sizzler for dinner! 

I also helped Grandma set up the tree!  The star on top is 50-60 years old!  She also has ornaments that were her mothers and several others that were gifts.  It was fun going through everything and learning about where they came from. 


It was a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers