Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

May 12, 2014

Easter egg hunt in Iona Square!

My grandparents live a block away from Iona Square (aka 'the square').  On Saturday morning their street was suddenly flooded with cars- families parking and getting out.  Grandma and I were wondering what on earth was happening!  Grandpa walked in and said 'well it must be the Easter egg hunt in the square today'.  Oh really?  Hattie and I quickly got shoes and coats on and walked over.  Kurt was in the shower, but I knocked on the door, told him where we were headed, and told him to hurry up and join us!

I was shocked at how many people were there.  It was packed!  The whole town and more must have been there.  We found the 0-3 year old section and stood behind a couple rows of people who were all waiting for the signal to go grab the eggs (they were in plain sight).  The signal was given and the place went crazy.  Hattie was terrified!  She grabbed on to me and would not let go.  After a few minutes she calmed down, but all the eggs were gone!  

Despite her fear, Hattie had observed well.  Instead of gathering eggs, she went around picking up pine cones and putting them in her basket!  Needless to say, it was absolutely adorable.






Kurt met up with us and we wandered around the rest of the square.  And we ran into the Easter Bunny!  Imagine that.  Hattie found him slightly less terrifying than Santa:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers