Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 9, 2009

Proselyte

Today I ate lunch with Lauren in the HUB.  She left for class and I was sitting peacefully by myself finishing off my water when de repente (= suddenly in Spanish) this lady is saying excuse me over my shoulder.  I turn, slightly annoyed and confused to look at her.  There's a man with her.  She asks if I'm a student.  Yes.  Are you interested in the bible? Yes.  Oh good! The woman said.  She appeared very excited.  The man started talking.  He told me about a bible study group they headed and I was welcome to join.  They have church on Sundays at the HUB! Very convenient for students.  I politely informed them I already went to church and a bible study group (kind of.  Institute counts right?).  The woman said, "oh! Were you raised in a Christian family?!" again, very excitedly.  Yes.  I was.  They talked to me a while longer about how great the bible was and how it can help us in our lives...but I only caught about half of what the woman said because of her thick accent.  And then they moved on to the next table.  They never told me exactly what religion they were.  Interesting lunch.  

1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers