Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

March 8, 2009

weekend

Friday:
I ate dinner at the (Macaroni Grill). I'm pretty sure our waiter hated us for not ordering drinks, soup/salad, or desert. I could feel the contempt every time he passed our table. And then to top it all off we had two gift cards and asked him to apply those to our bill. His annoyance reached a maximum. We didn't splurge on any extras and we had free money to spend! Despite our waiter it was very enjoyable. I drew random pictures the whole night from stick figures to turkeys to scenes drawn with my eyes closed. And it was all done with this:
Saturday:
Lauren Roth is amazing! I went to her violin concert and it was fantastic. Afterwards, a group of us ended up going to the Lucy exhibit at the Seattle Science Center. Here's what I learned about Lucy: she is the oldest proof we have of bipedalism in hominins. She lived ~3 million years ago, was probably 25 when she died but the size and weight of a 7 year old. I also got a good history lesson on Ethiopia (yes, it was good...I've had a few history lessons). I loved the exhibit (I used to dream of becoming and archaeologist), but it was a bit anti-climactic. Finally seeing Lucy's skeleton wasn't all the exhibit had built it up to be.
Sunday:
Church, nap, procrastinate, now I have to write a paper. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers