Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 18, 2011

The weekend before Christmas!

This year Kurt and I are spending Christmas with my side of the family.  So, we decided to have a little get together with Kurt's family this weekend!  Kurt made crepes and we did a white elephant gift exchange.  The invite said to "buy, make, or grab something from home".  Sofia opened the first gift....and it was cookbooks!  Poor thing.  Pretty much every other gift was kid friendly except for that one.  She was rather disappointed.  Luckily there was an extra gift that she got to open in the end :)  I was surprised when Ammon (he's 9) walked in, saw the food on the counter and exclaimed, "Is that brie?!  I love brie!"  I'm pretty sure I had no idea what brie was at 9 years old and being a picky eater I probably wouldn't have tried it.  I especially loved when the Han's arrived and William walked straight up to me and raised his arms for me to hold him :)  I love that little boy and a I'm glad to know he likes me too!  We had a great time!  Our apartment has never been so full.

I also went to our ward Christmas Party this weekend.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I had the most amazing pulled pork sandwich.  A woman in our ward used to own a BBQ restaurant and is one fantastic chef.  Here's the pulled pork recipe on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers