Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

August 23, 2012

Getting to the Family Reunion

I was in charge of getting the twins (Ani and Lili) packed for the reunion and they would be travelling via airplane with me and Kurt to SLC.  Mom and Clarence were in Wisconsin for a class reunion and flew straight from there to Utah.  Anyways- Ani decided not to go so it was just me and the Lilster getting her packed up and on the drive back to Bothell.  As always, she was very entertaining. 

Lili: Do you want a dog?
Me: Yeah!  Someday, but it wouldn't work right now.
Lili: You know what you should do?  Kurt should be a policeman!
Me: Oh....really?
Lili: Yes!  And his partner could be a dog and then you could have a dog.
Me:  I don't know Lili, that would make me worry and I'd be nervous all the time.
Lili: Oh don't worry Chew!  Policemen are very nice to their wives.

Yep.  That's what I was worried about! 

We hit some turbulence in the air which made Lili panic a little.  I told her not to worry, it was just like hitting a pothole while driving- nothing to worry about.  After landing and getting in the rental car Lili said out of nowhere, "Wow!  I didn't know there were potholes in the air!"  Kurt, who hadn't heard my comment, looked at me slightly bewildered.  I laughed.  It was funny...at the time...

Before heading up to Harriman State Park in Idaho we spent a day and couple nights in Ogden with Megan and Joe and family.  On Sunday we met up with Joe's family at a park- Sarah and David stopped by too!  It's much hotter in Utah than Washington.

Here we are playing croquet.  Thanks for the picture Sarah!

It was great to see the Roths and the Fletchers!  We had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers