Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

August 7, 2012

Olympic Gymnastics

Oh man!  I love watching Olympic gymnastics!  I was a gymnast for almost 8 years, but those days are long gone now :)  Anyways- this has been a very exciting Olympics full of ups and downs- Jordyn Wieber not making the individual all-around finals (and Aly Raisman making the all-around), winning team gold, Gaby Douglas winning the individual all-around, and then the girls messing up in the individual event finals.  Except for Aly (3rd on beam and 1st on floor!).

We saw a special on Olga Korbut earlier this week who I had never heard of.  She competed for Russia in the 1972 Olympics.  And oh my how times have changed!  Her bar routine was like nothing I've seen, but still incredible.  Here it is (you only need to watch the first 45 seconds):


Fun fact: did you notice the girl vaulting in the background?  Well, the vault she does is one I could do before quitting gymnastics!  That's right-  I could have been an Olympic vaulter in 1972!   

1 comment:

  1. She's so fast!! I've been very happy I can actually watch gymnastics here! I love it!! SO full of surprises. Viktoria Komovo is a weeper, but I really did feel for her last year at the world championships and felt she should have won...I've been watching gymnastics since I was 4 haha. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers