Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

November 2, 2013

New pediatrician

Hattie had her 9 month appointment!  And of course, it was with a new pediatrician.  Apparently there are more kids in Ogden than Seattle because I called a month and a half ahead and the earliest they could get me in was 2 weeks after Hattie turned 9 months old.  And only a couple doctors were accepting patients so we couldn't choose which one we wanted.  This all made me a little annoyed.

But!  It turned out well.  The office is definitely nicer (more updated) than where we went in Seattle, the front desk ladies were super nice (they LOVED Hattie), the nurse was excellent, and we like our doctor!  He is a man and I would prefer a woman, but I guess it's ok.  I LOVED our pediatrician, Dr. Seru, in Seattle.  She was amazing.  If/when we move back to Washington we will definitely take Hattie back to her.

Anyways, at one point Hattie was trying to grab my earrings, so before she could get a hold, I took them out.  A few seconds later the doctor stopped what he was saying, his eyes opened a little wider, and he said "did she just pull those out of ears?!!" with true concern in his voice.  I smiled and assured him, no she did not.  You always have to be a step ahead of your baby!

So here are the stats!  Hattie is 27.01in (23%), 18.01lbs (28%), and her head is 17.3in (44%).  So she's on the smaller end of the scale!  Which Kurt and I find slightly bewildering.  She's perfectly healthy and all other growth/health indicators are on target.  She's amazing!  We love her so!

Here she is eating toast for the first time.  She loved it!  She loves almost everything we give her.  Such a good eater!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers