Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 19, 2008

Flashback

I haven't left the house in over 24 hours now (no judgment) meaning nothing exciting or blog worthy as happened. SO we're going to relive my life a bit. I was reminded of this fun time due to my recent vacation.

Three years ago I took my first solo trip to visit my sisters. Since then that "vacation" has been donned "The Worst Week of My Life"

It started with the airline losing my luggage. Upon arriving I attended a party where I stood by myself in the corner. Then at my sister's apartment I overheard a HUGE argument from the people living above her so I took my sister's car to get away, got lost, called my mom and started crying (why do moms have that effect?). Mom told me to call my sister's fiance to come find me. NOOO! I said. I hardly knew the guy. Instead, my mom called him and I didn't know until he knocked on the car window. I was humiliated- having him see my lost and crying. I jumped into the passenger's seat and I don't think he believed my pitiful pleas of "I'm fine". The next day I went to meet up with a friend. I got in my first (and only) car accident on the way there, totalling my sister's car. My soon to be bro-in-law saw me cry again. The next day driving back to IF to fly out we got a speeding ticket...and didn't have the vehicle registration or insurance in the car because my sister had taken it out to make some calls after the accident. I finally flew home, only to find upon landing that my mom had gotten the time wrong and I had to wait 2 hours in the Seattle airport for my ride. Upon returning home I had to participate in this stupid dance festival that my stake was a part of and while there someone stole all the money out of my purse. I laugh about all this now and realize that it could have been a lot worse, but it was a long week.


So, by comparison, this latest trip to visit my siblings was fantastic. Amazing. Joyous. Excellent. Great. Fun. All positive adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers