Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 8, 2008

Italiano

The other day my friends Esther, Sarah, and I went to get teriyaki. We returned to my house, I parked, and Sarah and Esther opened their doors exactly as a car sped past almost taking of the doors and scaring Sarah half to death- as evidenced by her scream. The man driving slammed on the breaks, skidded to a stop, and started backing up. Immediately all of us thought he would start yelling at us for not looking before opening our doors on the narrow street. But instead we heard "you ok? are you hurt?" in the most awesome, stereotypical Italian accent you can think of. His window had been down and he heard Sarah's scream. We assured him we were ok and went our separate ways- checking twice to make sure no cars were coming before crossing the street.

1 comment:

  1. What! First, I'm glad your doors are okay. But foremost, wowzahs. There are Italians speeding through our neighborhood? How have we not found them before. Wait, it's probably because they drive their hot black Maseratis and . . . we all take the bus. Boo for socioeconomic separation!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers