Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

June 3, 2011

Journey Across the State

Last Saturday Kurt and I drove to Pasco, WA and back in one day!  On the way down we made a few stops:

Stop 1: Cle Elum
Apparently I forgot to take pictures.  We went to a bakery and a meat shop (gross) and were going to take a hike, but it was raining.

Stop 2: Ellensburg

We walked around "historic downtown".  In the bookshop I found an 1894 edition of Uncle Tom's Cabin!  See the bank/saloon sign?  Doesn't that seem like a bad combination?  Umm...hello cow man just chillin' on the bench.  And here comes the cavalry!  Or maybe it's a herd of cowboys...



Stop 3: Central Washington University (also in Ellensburg)

Kurt (right) gave the college a "C" grade.  It was a nice enough campus, but it felt soooo small and had a totally different vibe than UW.  See the middle picture?   That's the institute!  At first we thought it was a frat house because there was a group of guys grilling burgers in the yard, but then we noticed two of them were in suits with little name tags (aka missionaries) and took a second look.  Kurt then saw the sign on the building that said LDS Institute of Religion.  So, I stood behind a tree and took a picture :)  Very stealthy, huh? 




Stop 4: Yakima

We went to an orchard!  It was beautiful but I didn't get very good pictures.  There was an outhouse (see Kurt looking through?), a cute sign, and an old cider press!  We love cider.  There was a storm coming in too...




Stop 5: Pasco

Our friends Jon and Elisha got married!  Their reception was beautiful!  As was the bride.  I said this a couple weeks ago about Sarah wedding...but what's so great about friends getting married?  You get to catch up with other friends!  It was great seeing our old U2 ward members!  Afterwards I told Kurt- "It was fun hanging out with people...I forgot how funny we are".  Sad part of that statement- we don't have any "married friends" (that's a thing, right?).  Happy part- we still have friends!  Yay!  Congrats Jon and Elisha!  And I'm so excited you're moving to Bothell :) 




Extra Stop:  We arrived in Pasco about 1 hour early so we played catch in a nearby park (Kurt had the idea to bring along our baseball gloves).  My arm was sore the next day! 

We had a great trip!  I hope more friends get married so we can travel to their receptions!  (Sorry Stephen...Australia is too expensive for us!  But hey- 22 days!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fun day! I didn't forget how funny you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thanks for the mention, Charity. 19 days now. I am just busting with excitement.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers