Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

January 9, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

We went up to Iona for Thanksgiving.  I volunteered to make pie, but since we weren't coming up until the day of there wasn't much else I could do!  I only made one pie, but it was definitely the best looking crust I've ever made (in my 2-3 attempts):



Hattie and Great-Grandpa became fast friends.  She would just go sit on his lap.  It was adorable.  I learned how much Grandpa loved the attention when I saw him climb down on the floor to color with Hattie!


Hattie eating Grandpa's donuts:

Not a great picture of Grandma (who had a broken shoulder and her right arm is in a sling), but it's the last one I took of her.  Her passing is still very fresh and I'm rather sentimental!

Hattie zonked out on the couch- she never wants to take a nap when there are people to play with!


I decorated Grandma's tree for the second year in a row.  She told me I did an amazing job and should write instructions on how to decorate Christmas trees.  She's the sweetest :)  She always tells me the stories of the ornaments as I hang them- some were her mother-in-laws (so potentially nearing 100 years old), but most were gifts.  Gifts from relatives, neighbors, and patients.  My grandma, the nurse, helped many people throughout her decades of service!

Playing


Reading with Grandpa in his chair!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Grandma definitely wasn't feeling her best (what with a broken shoulder!) but she still got down on the floor to play with Hattie and even danced to Perry Como.  She was always so impressed with Hattie and said she (Hattie) had some wonderful parents.  This past trip she told me, in reference to Kurt, she'd never seen a dad light up so much every single time his child entered the room (it's true, he does).  I'm so thankful we were able to spend that time with her!  I love Grandma so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers