Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

January 12, 2015

Two Years

How is it possible that in a matter of hours Hattie will be two years old?  She has learned and grown immensely in the past year.

Her speech has sky rocketed.  She learns new words and phrases everyday.  She's starting to speak in sentences.  She's learning numbers, foods, colors, even more animals and their noises, names for emotions, and lots of random things.  Hattie sings.  She knows most of the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I Love to See the Temple as well as songs from her favorite cartoon Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  She's learning the alphabet too.  Some of my favorite things she says are "of course", "bless you" (when someone sneezes), "I'm so proud" (usually accompanied by a hug), "turn right/left Bucky" (she tells me or Kurt which way to turn in the car- Bucky is the name of the ship in Jake and the Neverland Pirates), and "I love you mommy".

Hattie's physical abilities continue to increase as well.  She runs all the time, jumps, spins, dances, and does seat drops.  She also loves to roll- we'll hold her in our arms and then throw her, rolling sideways, onto our bed.  She also loves to do somersaults on our bed.  She's grown physically as well- she's grown several inches and finally has hair!

I'm learning patience.  As we approach toddler years she's become more rambunctious.  She's very active and has taken up screaming recently.  I can't describe how much I dislike the screaming.  We're working on it.  Sometimes she's great at listening, but other times I might as well be talking to the wall.  But for all the difficulties, I wouldn't trade these past two years for anything!

Gosh I love this girl.  We spend a lot of time together and somehow I still think she's the cutest child ever to have existed and I love her more than ever.  I'm so amazed by the things she does, says, and how quickly she learns.  She makes my life better.

We did a photo shoot (same format as last year) and Hattie would not look at the camera!  Let alone smile.  Oh well, she's cute anyways!  Here are the many faces of Hattie!












I finally caught a small smile!


Some side by sides of this year and last year's photo shoots:


Happy Birthday Hattie!  You're loved more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers