Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

February 22, 2009

Breaking Habits

I have a bad habit. That's right, just one. I bite my nails. A lot. I've been doing it for my entire life. I don't even notice when I'm biting them half the time, it's just what I do. I've gone 3 days without chewing my nails, and it's been difficult. There have been slip ups and a few internal battles- me sitting there staring at my hands thinking "don't. don't do it." "but what's the big deal? they're just nails! and I want to!" "no. stop. don't!" - you get the idea.
But it is kind of a big deal. I can't tell you how many times my mom, sisters, and Sarah Hammond have told me stop biting my nails to no avail- and how much it annoyed me every time they did. So, congrats to all those who I've annoyed over the years with my bad-nail-biting-habit. I'm trying.

1 comment:

  1. I bite my nails too and so far no one has told me that it was annoying. Boy all this time and no one ever told me. Now I am far too old to change.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers