Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

February 16, 2009

Day Off

I got a pedicure! And as always it was an adventure. First, I asked Sarah to pick out my nail color- she chose purple- I actually like it. And then there was a misunderstanding. Quite literally. English was not the first language of the lady giving me the pedicure. I have this fear that I won't be able to understand people with accents and today it was justified. The woman asked me a question and I had no idea what she said. "What?" I asked. She repeated her question. After seeing my look of confusion she inquired again. Still no response. She asked again. At this point I was making noises such as uh..wh...umm...nn..y...uh.....sorry. And Sarah just sat there determined not to look my way or help out at all. I felt like a fool. And I still feel terrible that I couldn't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers