Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

April 26, 2013

Bedtime

Putting Hattie down for the night is usually difficult.  For whatever reason she always fights sleep when night time rolls around resulting in a grumpy, fussy baby.  So last night we did something different.  While she was still wide awake I took her in my lap and we rocked in the rocking chair and read stories.  She was super fidgety for a while, but soon(ish) she was lulled to sleep.  And then she slept for 7 hours! 

Motherhood can be frustrating and difficult, but it's by far the greatest thing the world.  These small successes dull the sting of other sleepless nights and difficult days.  Already in retrospect I forget how hard those first few weeks were adjusting to parenthood while healing from giving birth.  Every day has purpose and meaning.  We are the teachers, protectors, providers, everything for this little soul that was sent to us.  We are Hattie's parents and I am eternally grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers