Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

April 8, 2013

Fire!

What a crazy afternoon!  I was sitting on the couch feeding Hattie and watching Netflix when the fire alarm went off in our apartment!  It was SUPER loud!  I grabbed the diaper bag, put Hattie in the car seat, put on some pants that weren't pajamas (yes, in an emergency wearing real pants is a must), and headed outside.  I could smell smoke but didn't see any flames.  I don't know what happened, but the apartment kitty-corner to ours (and on the same floor) was the culprit.  I went out front where a small group was gathered.  Soon two fire trucks came!  No one was hurt and I think most of the damage done was from sprinklers coming on in their apartment.  Hattie and I wandered around for 30-45 minutes until the firemen left.  People were told they could go back in to their apartments sooner than that but the firemen were working/standing in the hallway in front of my apartment.  I felt so bad for the family!  They had a baby younger than Hattie.  I asked if they needed help with anything (they said no) and told them I'm glad everyone is ok!  They'll stay somewhere else while maintenance fixes up their apartment.  Hattie was a trooper though!  She didn't even cry when the fire alarm went off- I think she was more annoyed when I cut her feeding short.  On the plus side- I now know how quickly I can get out the door!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers