Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

November 1, 2016

October 15

We had two separate events on October 15th.  The first was a 5k fundraiser for a family in our ward whose 1 year old son, Liam, has cancer.  Feel free to donate here.

Kurt meant to train for it, but it didn't happen.  He only has a few things on his plate to juggle!  He did it anyways and Hattie and I were so proud of him for finishing!


Hattie and I did the 1 mile walk.  I brought the stroller, but Hattie walked about half of it:



Hattie carried her baseball bat the whole time and was distraught when her friend Noah (and Liam's big bro) wouldn't hold her hand.  I'm glad we were able to participate and so grateful for all the money raised on behalf of our friends!  I know our family's own situation is/was very different, but money was something that really did help.  It didn't fix anything, but at least we weren't in tremendous debt and have that strain on top of everything else.  Over $6,000 will be huge for their family!

October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month.  The 15th is the International Wave of Light.  You light a candle for your lost little one/s at 7pm.  You're supposed to leave it lit for one hour. The idea is that if a candle is lit in every time zone candles will be burning in honor of these little angels for 24 hours around the globe.

We didn't leave the candle lit for a whole hour, but we used the same candle as last year.  We love you so much Henry and think of you every day!



We also wrote notes on balloons and released them:
My balloon says "You are my sunshine and moonbeam too. You are my baby and I love you".  It's the lyrics to a re-write of 'You are my sunshine' I made up when pregnant with Hattie.  It's for all my kids though :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers