Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

April 7, 2017

January 2017: Highlights

We decided to bless Roman on New Year's Day!  It was good timing for family to come, as they had school/work off the next day.

My amazing mother, made Roman's blessing outfit!



She even made matching shoes!

Kurt gave an amazing blessing.  I wish I would have taken notes, but I know that he blessed Roman's heart, that it would be healthy.  I was definitely crying!  Roman is such an amazing boy!



I forgot to take pictures, but afterwards we gathered at the detached gym at Megan and Joe's ward building for lunch.  It was a nice gathering of friends and family!  I made this slideshow for the occasion:


Soon after his blessing, Roman turned 2 months old!  He's smiling a lot more and started laughing (kind of!).  He continues to get stronger!  I'll be honest...it's hard remembering what he had achieved by each month-iversary looking back (currently he's 5 months old).  But I do know he's wearing 6 month clothing in this picture- still a bit big :)  Such a sweetheart!



We also celebrated Hattie's 4th birthday in January!  How did she get so old?!  We adore our big girl!  She is so outgoing, makes friends everywhere she goes, loves to wear dresses, wants to me a mom, doctor, police officer, teacher, astronaut, and ice cream scooper when she grows up.  She can write her name and several other letters, her family portraits melt my heart (she often draws Henry floating above us up in heaven), she's confident, caring, funny, and just a joy to be around.  She can peel a cucumber, wipe her own bum (HOORAY!), sweep the floor, and help with lots of other chores (usually unwillingly, but occasionally not).  I am eternally grateful for this amazing child and so happy to be her mother!

Hattie's cousins threw her a surprise birthday tea party!  We love you guys!

Hattie's cake!  Since she had an Elsa cake last year, she wanted an Anna cake this year.  I think it turned out well!  I used candy melts to make the snowflakes and writing then dusted them with pearl dust so they shimmered a bit.  I really enjoy thinking up (well, consulting pinterest) and making Hattie's birthday cakes!

Birthday morning!



We went to the Kangaroo Zoo with cousins...I didn't get a picture of Hattie.  Whoops!
 Lena's face!

Excited to blow out the candles!!!


And our annual birthday photo shoot with the rocking chair in the back yard!





We love you TONS Hattie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers