Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

I was apprehensive about Christmas, but it turned out better than I imagined.  I'm learning the anticipation of an event can be worse than the event itself. We actually had a good time with family and were able to visit Henry every day we were in Idaho.

On Christmas eve we put a couple decorations on Henry's grave




Mom gave the kids new pajamas (and I didn't get a good picture) and we sang Christmas Carols while I played the guitar.  It was a pleasant evening.

The kids stayed with Moppy and Poppy in the hotel and the rest of us got all the presents out and under the tree.  Christmas morning was great- there were tons of presents for all the children and Hattie loved everything.  After she opened on present she just wanted to admire and play with whatever it was and kept on having to be reminded that there were more to open.

I think the costumes were her favorite, but she also loved her tea set!  And the nail polish and playdoh.  I know, the playdoh.  She LOVED it.






Later we went back to visit Henry.  The Roths and Mom came with us.  Earlier this month Kurt and I decided we were going to make Henry Resolutions and invited our family to join in with us.  They're basically New Year resolutions, but the purpose is to improve yourself so you can live with Henry again in the next life.  We placed them in Henry's stocking and read them to him at his grave.  We also released balloons...only a couple floated away (slowly) but the others just kind of hovered.  I guess because it was freezing cold.







The day after Christmas we went to Heise Hot Springs to go swimming.  Our family was not prepared, we hadn't bought swim suits.  But on of mom's old ones has been at G&G's for a couple decades, so I got to wear that.  Kurt wore a pair of Uncle Todd's shorts, and Hattie girl wore a swim diaper.  What a good sport she is.  The hot springs were really fun!  It was around 10 degrees outside, but the water was plenty warm.  We played a fun game of getting out of the pool, rolling around in the snow, and then jumping back in.  Sounds crazy, but the kids loved watching all the adults.  Char and Afton were daring enough to go walk in the snow and then jump back in the pool.  Then we got pizza afterwards.



Even though we had a few rough moments, and missed Henry the whole time, it was an enjoyable weekend.  I'm so grateful for all the family I was able to spend time with!  We love you guys TONS!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers