Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 27, 2015

Visiting Henry

We have visited Henry's grave several times over the past few months.  It's almost been 6 months since he passed away.  The first time we went, we told Hattie we were going to visit Henry.  She replied "oh!  We're going to heaven?!"  We tried to explain that Henry's spirit was in heaven, but his body was still here on earth buried at the cemetery.  Such big things for a two year old to comprehend.  When she "drives" the car she usually drives to heaven so we can visit Henry and Great-Grandma.  That sweet girl.  She can warm and break my heart simultaneously.


September:


October:  My friend Carrie gave us this pumpkin to put on Henry's grave.  First, it made me cry, and then it made me think.  We can put more than just flowers on his grave.  Whenever I drive past a cemetery now I try to see what other people have placed on their loved ones graves.

November: We found these solar powered lights to place at his grave, the "H", and the plant with ornaments.  The poinsettia is from Uncle Todd and Grandpa- there's one on Grandma's grave too in the background.

We stopped by on our way out of town and got to see the lights on.


We ordered Henry's headstone back in September, but it's still not finished.  I'm getting anxious about it.  It's getting easier to visit the cemetery.  I'm glad it's in a town I love, Iona, Idaho, and in such a peaceful location.  It really is quite pretty there.  I doubt Henry's spirit spends much time there, but if he does stop by (not sure how these things work) I'm glad there's a good view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers