Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 29, 2015

Secret Santas

A couple weeks before Christmas I received a text from Megan (who received a text from someone else who got a text from someone else) that there was a surprise on our doorstep that I should go out and get.  I opened the door to a huge box and smaller one next to it.  This note was attached to the large box:



I brought the gifts inside, sat down on the ground, and cried.  It had been a hard day and I hadn't been the most patient with Hattie.  I didn't feel deserving but I was so grateful at the same time!  Inside were 12 gifts, one to open each day.  Each had a note attached and all the gifts were so thoughtful! Hattie loved the big box!




Here are some of the gifts!

Gingerbread house kits for each member of the family





Ornaments- several glass ones that we can fill up each year with memories (and glitter)

And one with feathers from the wings of our guardian angel

Gifts for Hattie!


A charm necklace for me!  I seriously love it.



Gifts for Kurt- he shared with Hattie!

There were also several gift cards, a beautiful blanket, and our final gift with the big reveal:


Our wonderful friends Courtney, Sarah, and Dianna did this for us.  We were all in the single's ward together in Seattle and all now live in Utah.  It was so wonderful to have something to look forward to everyday, to keep me cheerful even for a little while (sometimes all day!), during a time when I was missing Henry so much.  We love you guys and I can't thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers